Bring the flavors of everyone’s favorite holiday beverage to life in this delicious custard pie made with eggnog!
You’ll love this creamy, dreamy eggnog custard pie—perfect for Christmas!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
When I was a child, my grandma always had eggnog in her refrigerator around Christmas time.
I loved the sweet beverage, warmly spiced with nutmeg, as a cool treat. I liked to thin it with just a little bit of milk to cut the thickness, and it has grown to be a holiday tradition.
As an adult now, I still buy eggnog every year, but I don’t actually drink it!
Instead, I most often enjoy a splash of eggnog in my coffee, or I use it in some of my favorite holiday eggnog dessert recipes.
One such Christmas dessert is this eggnog custard pie! It feels fancy, but it’s actually super simple to make.
More Eggnog Recipes:
What is custard Pie?
If you aren’t familiar with custard pie, the filling is typically made with milk or cream, eggs, sugar, and a flavoring (such as vanilla extract).
This is usually baked in a pastry crust, creating a creamy, silky smooth filling.
If you’ve ever had crème brulee, you’ve had custard, so this is a similar texture.
For this recipe, we’ve swapped in some eggnog instead of the cream, which gives it a more festive flair and its signature flavor.
Plus, you can customize it according to your preference. If you’re short on time, grab a storebought pie crust! Want to jazz it up a bit? Use a gingerbread pie crust!
You can also dress it up with some fun garnishes, such as miniature gingerbread cookies (I think they’re just SO cute!) or fresh cranberries. Or, just keep it simple and add a dollop of whipped cream.
More Holiday Recipes:
- The Best Sugar Free Christmas Candy Recipes
- Decadent Turtle Pie for the Holidays
- Hot Cocoa Dip
- Amazing Stroopwafel Cake
How to Make Eggnog Custard Pie
This creamy eggnog pie is super simple to make, yet it will make a lasting impression on your holiday dinner guests!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Granulated sugar
- Ground nutmeg
- Vanilla extract
- Pie crust
How to Make It:
Prepare the crust. For the crust, you can use a store-bought pie crust or make your own. This gingerbread pie crust pairs well with this pie, or you can make a plain pastry crust.
Press it into a 9-inch pie pan, crimping the edges.
Prepare filling. Whisk together the granulated sugar, eggs, salt, and nutmeg. Add in the eggnog and vanilla extract, whisking to combine well.
Fill and bake. Last, you’ll pour the filling into the prepared crust. Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes, then cover it with foil and bake for another 30-40 minutes. You want a knife inserted in the middle of the pie to come out clean.
Chill. Allow the pie to cool completely, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving.
Notes and Adaptations:
- These slices are lovely garnished with gingerbread cookies and fresh cranberries. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
- If you’d like, you can add in some rum extract instead of vanilla extract.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 prepared, unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350F. Transfer pie crust to a 9-inch pie pan, pressing into the pan and crimping the edges.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine sugar, eggs, nutmeg, salt. Mix to combine.
- Add eggnog and vanilla extract, mixing to combine well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 25 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for another 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool to room temperature (pie will set as it cools), then chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Feel free to use a storebought crust, or try this gingerbread crust!
- If you'd like, you can add in some rum extract instead of the vanilla extract.
- These slices are lovely garnished with gingerbread cookies and fresh cranberries. Don't forget the whipped cream!
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 140mgSodium 230mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.