This delicious hot chocolate dip is a simple dessert option that’s great for a holiday party!
Pair this easy hot cocoa dip with some graham crackers, strawberries, and other favorite dippers for a simple yet delicious sweet treat you can make ahead of time.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
If there’s one thing that makes you feel cozy around Christmas time, it’s a warm mug of hot cocoa.
That is, unless, you consider enjoying the flavors of your favorite holiday beverage in the form of a dessert dip!
Hot cocoa dip is a super simple dessert dip you can whip up for your holiday parties, making a crowd-pleasing no bake dessert in just minutes.
The best part is that you only need a few ingredients, and it’s an easy recipe you’ll want to make time and time again.
Favorite Dippers for Hot Cocoa Dip
One of my favorite things about hot cocoa dip is that you can easily customize the dippers you use, so there’s something for everybody!
Here are some top picks for pairing with your easy dessert:
- Graham crackers
- Animal crackers
- Vanilla wafers
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Christmas cookies
- Fresh fruit (especially strawberries and apples!)
How to Make this Easy Hot Chocolate Dip Recipe
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this easy holiday dessert (though, who are we kidding, you can enjoy this treat any time of year!).
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Marshmallow fluff (marshmallow cream)
- Cool Whip
- Cocoa powder
- Optional Toppings, such as mini marshmallows
How to Make Creamy Hot Cocoa Dip:
(Printable recipe card is below)
Combine ingredients. First, you’ll want to combine marshmallow fluff, thawed Cool Whip, and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
Mix. Use an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer to beat ingredients together, on low speed, just until combined.
Serve. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. If desired, top with mini marshmallows and a dusting of cocoa powder. Serve alongside a variety of dipper options to complete the sweet treat!
Notes and Adaptations:
- If not serving right away, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- If you don’t have cocoa powder, you can substitute hot chocolate mix, but keep in mind that mixes contain sugar, so the final result will be sweeter.
- There are loads of fun variations you can try to change up the hot chocolate dessert! Add a cup of mini marshmallows to the dip if you want marshmallow bits throughout, crush candy canes and sprinkle over the top, add white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks to make an extra decadent dip mix.
- Want to skip the Cool Whip and use heavy cream to make your own whipped cream? I recommend stabilizing your whipped cream so it keeps its structure better.
- 7.5-oz Marshmallow Fluff
- 8-oz whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Optional: 2 TBSP mini marshmallows for garnish
- Items for dipping, such as graham crackers, fruit, cookies, etc.
- Combine marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use an electric hand mixer to mix together on low speed, just until combined and smooth.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and dust with additional cocoa powder, if desired.
- Serve with graham crackers and other dippers of choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
More Favorite Holiday Treats:
- Cranberry Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Copycat Walker’s Scottish Shortbread
- Decadent Turtle Pie
- Eggnog Bundt Cake
- Eggnog Custard Pie
- Delicious Stroopwafel Cake
- Easy Billy Miner Pie
Be sure to save this for later by pinning it to your holiday board on Pinterest!