This delicious pumpkin cinnamon coffee cake is the perfect fall breakfast Sweet treat!
Celebrate the flavors of autumn with this pumpkin cinnamon roll coffee cake–perfect for a chilly morning!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Chilly fall mornings call for something warming and comforting. Enjoying a sweet treat in the morning is such a fun way to start the day!
This pumpkin cinnamon roll coffee cake is a great way to do just that, allowing you to fill your tummy with a delicious homemade cake that tastes like cinnamon rolls but without all of the work!
This would also be a delicious breakfast for Thanksgiving morning or Christmas morning!
Pumpkin cinnamon roll coffee cake
We all love cinnamon rolls, but if we’re honest, we don’t always have the time or energy to make them. Allowing dough to rise, rolling out the dough, spreading the filling, cutting, rising again…it’s a labor of love, for sure.
But with this easy coffee cake, you can enjoy all of the flavors of a pumpkin cinnamon roll but with minimal effort!
More Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
How to Make pumpkin cinnamon swirl cake
It’s really easy to make this delicious breakfast cake!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
How to Make It:
Make the batter. First, you’ll use your stand mixer to whip up a cake batter that is spread into a prepared baking dish.
Prepare the filling. Next, you’ll make the cinnamon filling. This gets dropped on top of the cake batter, then you’ll use a knife to swirl it throughout the cake batter.
Bake and drizzle. Last, you’ll bake the cinnamon roll cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool for a bit, then drizzle the frosting on top, and voila! Breakfast is served!
- Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ C pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 C milk
- ½ C unsalted butter, melted
- Cinnamon Swirl Filling Ingredients:
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2-5 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the melted butter, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk bowl of the stand mixer, mixing just until combined after each addition.
- Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the cinnamon filling. Drop filling by spoonfuls onto the batter. Use a knife to swirl the filling into the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool while you prepare the frosting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add just enough milk to make the icing thin enough to pour (or to your preference). Drizzle over the cake and serve!
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 45mgSodium 219mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.