This easy pumpkin chocolate bread is moist and loaded with chocolate chips and pumpkin spice!
Bring the best of both worlds together and satisfy your sweet tooth with this loaf of pumpkin chocolate bread!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Just because you’re a chocoholic doesn’t mean you have to skip your favorite flavor during the fall!
Yes, all things pumpkin spice are on the loose, and for good reason–the delicate spices balance perfectly with the sweetness of pumpkin, which makes for some delectable goodies.
These treats earn their own slot in our family traditions, and become some of the ways we “keep the seasons” in our home.
But even better? Combining chocolate AND pumpkin spice! That’s where this loaf of pumpkin chocolate bread comes in!
It’s the perfect combination of your two favorite flavors, plus it’s dotted with chocolate chips to make it an extra sweet treat!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
First of all, this bread is super easy to make, which we all know is important around the holidays.
Next, it can double as breakfast OR dessert, so its multipurpose nature automatically makes it a winner in my book!
And of course, it’s delicious!
How to Make a loaf of Pumpkin and chocolate bread
It’s really easy to make this simple recipe for a chocolate pumpkin loaf!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- All-purpose flour
- Dark cocoa powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It:
Mix dry ingredients. First, you’ll whisk together the dry ingredients to combine them.
Mix the wet ingredients. Next you’ll you beat together the wet ingredients.
Make the batter. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing just until incorporated. Add in some of the chocolate chips.
Bake. Bake the loaf for about 30 minutes, then sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips and bake for another 30 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy!
Notes and Adaptations:
- You can freeze this loaf of pumpkin chocolate bread–simply cool completely, then double wrap with plastic wrap and pop it in the freezer!
- Feel free to double the recipe so you can have one loaf now and one loaf later!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a handheld electric mixer), beat together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, canola oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop and smooth batter into the loaf pan. Place into the oven for 30 minutes. When the 30 minutes is up, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips onto thetop of the bread.
- Continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
To freeze, simply cool completely and double wrap prior to freezing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 37mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 24gProtein 5g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.