This list of vegan Thanksgiving recipes allows you to enjoy traditional favorites, even on a special diet!
Navigating the holidays with special diets can be tricky, but this comprehensive list of vegan Thanksgiving recipes is sure to help!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
It’s not always easy to be the one following a special diet. Even on a normal day, that can be tough.
But on holidays? It can be really tough.
When get-togethers and family dinners are more commonplace, when others are often preparing the food, when you don’t want to feel left out of the special celebratory feasts, when you don’t want to feel like an imposition because of your specific dietary needs–that’s when it can be difficult.
If you’re following a vegan diet, many traditional dishes may be off the table for you.
While you may not be able to eat the classic Thanksgiving turkey, there are many dishes that can be easily adapted. Whether it’s substitutions instead of the normal butter and cream, or a dish that is naturally vegan, there’s no need for you to be left out!
I’ve rounded up several of the best vegan Thanksgiving recipes so you’ll have everything in one place. From side dishes to desserts to drinks, you’re sure to find plenty of recipes suited for your dietary needs!
Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes
These delicious side dishes come in a wide variety, from roasted vegetables to salads to traditional favorites like mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce!
- Easy Cranberry Sauce from Margin Making Mom
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash from Everyday Family Cooking
- Vegan Fall Harvest Salad from Happy Kitchen
- Traditional Vegan Stuffing from Fried Dandelions
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole from Shane and Simple
- Hasselback Butternut Squash from Hey Nutrition Lady
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples from Urban Bliss Life
- Mashed Cauliflower from Spabettie
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy from Just What We Eat
- Wild Rice Pilaf from Two Sleevers
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole from Joy Food Sunshine
- Vegan Creamed Corn from Shane and Simple
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes from Plant.Well
- Candied Yams from Healthier Steps
- Creamed Spinach from Profusion Curry
- Vegan Broccoli Cheese Casserole from The Baking Fairy
- Roasted Carrots from Whole New Mom
Vegan Thanksgiving Main Dish Ideas
Okay, so these may not be exactly like turkey, but they are still super tasty options for the main dish!
- Vegan Mushroom Wellington from Delicious Everyday
- Lentil Loaf with Gravy from Vegan Heaven
- Lentil Shepherd’s Pie from Vegan Richa
- Chickpea Pot Pie from Mindful Avocado
- Vegan Mushroom Stew from Crowded Kitchen
Vegan Thanksgiving Desserts
Dessert is arguably the best part of any holiday dinner, and these vegan recipes are the perfect way to enjoy a sweet treat!
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake from Joy Food Sunshine
- Vegan Pecan Pie Bars from Just What We Eat
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Pie from Moon and Spoon and Yum
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pudding from Delightful Adventures
- Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge from Make it Dairy Free
- Vegan Pecan Pie Cheesecake from What Great Grandma Ate
- Vegan Apple Crumble from The Petite Cook
- Vegan Pumpkin Brownie from My Dainty Soul Curry
Vegan Thanksgiving Drinks
Sometimes it’s fun to have a special drink to celebrate a special day, and these fall-inspired beverages are just the ticket.
- Healthy Cranberry Wassail from Healthy Christian Home
- Ginger Apple Sparkling Cider from The Fit Cookie
- Pumpkin Chai Latte from Texanerin Baking