Yes, you can make an Oreo milkshake with no ice cream! We’ll show you how.
This easy recipe for an Oreo milkshake without ice cream is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
There’s no better way to cool down on a hot summer day than to enjoy a cool and creamy treat!
And of course, it’s even better when you’re using simple ingredients and easy recipes to create that refreshing dessert.
While we love to make healthy Ninja Creami recipes as a great way to cool down, sometimes you need something quick and easy.
Delicious Oreo milkshakes are something you can make anytime the inspiration strikes–even if you don’t have ice cream on hand!
Chocolate lovers rejoice, because this Oreo shake is one the whole family will love. This delicious treat is a great way to cool down on a holiday weekend!
The best part of this easy Oreo milkshake recipe without ice cream is that it’s a cinch to prepare.
Related Recipe: Halloween Oreo Cake Bars
Cookies and Cream Milkshake without Ice Cream
Yes, you’ve probably always used ice cream in your milkshakes. And if you have some chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream on hand, go ahead and do it that way.
But if you don’t have ice cream stocked away in your freezer, you can still enjoy homemade shakes.
You just need a few simple ingredients and you’ll be sipping on a delicious beverage in no time.
How to Make an Oreo Milkshake without Ice Cream
It’s easier than you think to make thick milkshakes without the traditional ingredients.
When you consider that ice cream in its most basic form is frozen milk, cream, sugar, and flavoring, we can simply use those basic ingredients in our simple recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Milk – Use what you have on hand! I prefer whole or 2% milk, but you can also use almond milk, coconut milk, or whatever you have.
- Heavy cream – This gives a nice, creamy texture that we all love. If you want a creamy milkshake, you won’t want to omit this.
- Powdered sugar – This gives sweetness, which milk and cream don’t have by themselves.
- Vanilla extract – This gives the flavor of vanilla ice cream.
- Ice cubes – These give the cream shake a chilled temperature.
- Chocolate chips – This gives an extra bit of chocolate flavor (like a chocolate Oreo shake). You could omit these if desired, or even add some chocolate sauce instead.
How to Make It:
(Printable recipe card is located below)
Combine ingredients. First, you’ll combine some milk of choice, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, ice cubes, vanilla extract, chocolate chips, and most of the Oreos in the jar of a blender.
Blend. You’ll blend everything up until it’s creamy and smooth.
Garnish. Take an extra cookie or two and chop them up (or crush them with a rolling pin or drop them in a food processor–your choice!).
Divide the milkshake mixture between two glasses and top with chunks of Oreo cookies.
Enjoy this easy milkshake recipe–it’s a sweet treat so delicious you won’t even miss the trip to your local ice cream shop!
Notes and Adaptations:
- Of course, if you do have ice cream on hand and prefer to make an ice cream milkshake, that’s fine! Make the following adjustments to this simple Oreo milkshake recipe: Add a few scoops of ice cream (about 2 cups), then you can use less milk (about a 1/2 cup of whole milk), and omit the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- If you want to take it up a notch, you can also drizzle chocolate syrup or caramel sauce on top, add some whipped cream and a maraschino cherry if you want.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Add milk, whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, ice cubes, chocolate chips, and 8 of the Oreo cookies to the jar of a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Divide between two glasses.
- Coarsely chop remaining two Oreo cookies and sprinkle pieces over the top of each milkshake just before serving.
- If you prefer to use ice cream, you can use 2 cups of vanilla ice cream and decrease milk to 1/2 cup, and omit heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and ice cubes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 745Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 77mgSodium 309mgCarbohydrates 86gFiber 3gSugar 65gProtein 9g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.