Learn how to make Nutella ice cream in the Ninja Creami for a rich and decadent treat!
This Ninja Creami Nutella ice cream is made with delicious chocolate hazelnut spread, and it’s so easy to make.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
If you’re a fan of Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread (and who isn’t?), then you probably already know how versatile it is.
You can spread it on toast or graham crackers, make Nutella thumbprint cookies with it, add it to brownies, or make ice cream with it!
I love experimenting with new ice cream flavors of ice cream in my Ninja Creami ice cream machine. I’ve already made Ninja Creami chocolate ice cream using chocolate milk, and chocolate ice cream made with cocoa powder.
So this time, I decided to make a chocolate hazelnut ice cream.
The result was the easiest Ninja Creami Nutella ice cream, which has the flavors you love, but in a cool and creamy treat.
This simple ice cream is one of the best Ninja Creami recipes, if you ask me, because it’s super easy and tasty.
Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream in the Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker
The Ninja Creami ice cream machine is a little bit different than most ice cream makers you might be accustomed to.
If you’re not familiar with this handy appliance, you essentially create an ice cream base, which you freeze in a special Ninja Creami pint for about 24 hours.
Once it’s frozen solid, you insert the pint into your machine, which acts similarly to blenders or food processors.
Ninja’s Creamify technology uses a spinning “blade” on a motor base similar to that of a food processor (though the blade isn’t even sharp!) to sort of “shave” the frozen concoction into a deliciously creamy treat.
The great thing about this machine is that you can make small batches (which makes it easy to create lots of different flavors), and you can easily customize ingredients based on dietary needs or preferences.
It’s perfect for creating an assortment of flavors for holiday gatherings, or for making desserts to meet special diets of you or your guests.
And while you can make custard-based ice creams (with egg yolks) by cooking the ice cream base, I prefer the ease of a no-cook, egg-free recipe.
What Type of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Can I Use in the Ninja Creami?
For this ice cream, I’ve used Nutella brand spread. I know there are various other options available, but I haven’t tested them.
I’m assuming a generic version would probably work just as well, but I can’t speak to the more natural varieties that tend to be a bit more thick and pasty, which may result in a less creamy texture.
Those types also usually have less sugar, so you may need to make some adjustments to the recipe if you use something other than Nutella brand.
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Ninja Creami Recipes
- Ninja Creami Pistachio Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Easy Ninja Creami Eggnog Ice Cream
- Easy Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Ninja Creami Cherry Pie Sorbet
- Simple Ninja Creami Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
How to Make Ninja Creami Chocolate Ice Cream with Nutella
It’s super easy to make this delicious creamy treat!
Ingredients You’ll Need for the Easy Recipe:
- Cream cheese
- Chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Whole milk
- Heavy cream
How to Make this Homemade Ice Cream:
Soften Ingredients. Add cream cheese and chocolate hazelnut spread to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 10-15 seconds, or until just soft.
Add sugar. Add the sugar to the cream cheese mixture, stirring well until a thick paste forms.
Next, add liquids. Combine milk and heavy cream in a measuring cup. Add vanilla extract to the sugar paste, followed by a couple of tablespoons of the milk/cream mixture.
Stir to incorporate, then continue adding a little bit of milk/cream at a time, mixing well after each addition, until fully incorporated (let the sugar dissolve as you mix).
Freeze. Pour mixture into a Ninja Creami pint, being sure not to exceed the maximum fill line. Secure the pint lid and freeze on a level surface in your freezer for at least 24 hours.
Spin. After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint in the outer bowl and secure the lid.
Lock the outer bowl apparatus into the Ninja Creami machine and press the Ice Cream button. It will take a couple of minutes for the cycle to complete.
Re-spin if needed. If the mixture is a little crumbly after the first round of spinning, you can add a tablespoon of milk to the pint and use the Re-spin button to cycle it again.
The re-spin cycle will make it more creamy (you can also re-spin without the additional tablespoon of milk, if desired).
Optional: If you want to add a mix-in to the ice cream, create a well in the center of your pint that’s about a half inch wide and extends to the bottom of the pint.
Add the mix-ins (chopped cookies, chocolate chips, nuts, or whatever you’re using) to that well and place bowl assembly into the machine, then select the Mix-in button on your Ninja Creami machine.
Serve and enjoy your creamy ice cream!
Ninja Creami Nutella Ice Cream (Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream)
This rich and creamy Ninja Creami ice cream uses Nutella hazelnut spread for a delicious treat!
- 1 TBSP cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Add cream cheese and chocolate hazelnut spread to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10-15 seconds, or just until softened.
- Add sugar to the cream cheese/Nutella mixture. Use a rubber spatula to mix together into a thick paste.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine whole milk and heavy cream.
- Add vanilla extract to the paste, along with 2 tablespoons of the milk/cream mixture. Stir until incorporated.
- Continue adding milk/cream mixture, a couple of tablespoons at a time, mixing well after each addition, until sugar has dissolved and no lumps remain.
- Pour mixture into a Ninja Creami pint. Secure the lid and place on a level surface in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Remove pint from freezer and take off lid. Add pint to the Ninja Creami bowl and secure the lid. Place bowl into the Ninja Creami machine and press the Ice Cream button. Allow the cycle to run, which will take about 2 minutes.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove the bowl from the machine and look at the ice cream. If it appears crumbly, you can put it back into the machine for a re-spin cycle. If mixture is still crumbly, add 1 TBSP milk to the ice cream and re-spin again. This will make it nice and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was written for the 16-oz pint containers that come with the 5-in-1 and 7-in-1 models. If you have a Ninja Creami Deluxe, your "pint" is 24-oz. You can still use this recipe, but it won't fill the container fully.
- I have not tested this recipe with other brands of chocolate hazelnut spread. I think generic brand would work fine, but I'm not sure the more "natural" types of chocolate hazelnut spread would work, as they have a different texture and typically contain less sugar.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Be sure to save this to your Ninja Creami board on Pinterest!