You’ll love making this refreshing blueberry lemonade sorbet in the Ninja Creami!
Ninja Creami blueberry lemonade sorbet is the perfect treat for a hot summer day!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
When it comes to refreshing treats, nothing beats fresh fruit and a glass of ice cold lemonade.
But what if you could combine the two into a frozen dessert that feels super indulgent, but that you could enjoy guilt-free?
That’s the inspiration behind this Ninja Creami blueberry lemonade sorbet!
It’s an easy recipe that comes together quickly, and transforms into a frozen treat that’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
It’s a healthy Ninja Creami recipe that’s a great way to get more fruit into your day, too!
Ninja Creami Blueberry Lemon Sorbet
To keep this recipe simple, I used pink lemonade instead of fresh lemon juice.
I do recommend using a good-quality lemonade, though, preferably from the refrigerator section of the grocery store (unless you want to spring for homemade lemonade!).
Skip the lemonade powders and concentrate, as my recipe tests with these so far have not produced a great flavor.
I used fresh blueberries, because that’s what I had on hand, but you could also use frozen blueberries if you prefer.
Now, since there is dairy in this recipe, it’s not *technically* a sorbet. However, the texture of the resulting frozen treat is definitely more in line with sorbet than ice cream, so that’s what I’m calling it. 🙂
But it does have a bit of creaminess that most sorbets don’t have, which I really like about this recipe.
It can be served on its own, or you can use it as the base for a smoothie bowl.
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Love:
- Delicious Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Nutella Ice Cream
- Easy Ninja Creami Pistachio Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Apple Pie Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Cherry Pie Sorbet
- Indulgent Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Apple Cinnamon Sorbet
- Easy Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Ninja Creami Eggnog Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Ice Cream
How to Make Blueberry Lemonade Sorbet in the Ninja Creami
It’s super easy to make this delicious recipe with just a few simple ingredients and your Ninja Creami ice cream machine.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cream cheese
How to Make it:
(Printable recipe card is located below)
Combine dairy. To start, you’ll mix together the softened cream cheese and the milk. You can do this with a food processor, blender, or by hand. The goal is to ensure there aren’t any large chunks of cream cheese, though small pieces are fine.
Make sorbet base. Add in the lemonade and the blueberries, then pour base into a Ninja Creami pint container (make sure it doesn’t go past the max fill line!) and close the lid.
Freeze. Place the pint container on a level surface in your freezer. Freeze for 24 hours.
Spin. After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint into the outer bowl and secure the outer bowl lid into place.
Next, place bowl assembly into the Ninja Creami machine and press the Sorbet function. The motor base will start running and it will take about 2 minutes for the cycle to complete.
Re-Spin if needed. If the texture of the sorbet is somewhat crumbly after the first spin, you can add a tablespoon of milk and put it through the Re-Spin cycle in the machine until the desired texture is achieved for your creamy blueberry lemon sorbet.
Notes and Adaptations:
- If your lemonade isn’t very sweet and you prefer a sweeter sorbet, you can add a little bit of sugar, monk fruit sweetener, or maple syrup to the mixture to sweeten to taste.
- Feel free to add some lemon zest if you want a more pronounced lemon flavor.
- I used whole milk, but regular milk should work fine as well.
- 1 TBSP cream cheese, soft
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/3 cup pink lemonade (or yellow lemonade)
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine softened cream cheese and milk in a bowl by hand until no large chunks remain, or in a small blender or food processor until smooth.
- To the milk mixture, add lemonade and blueberries. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a Ninja Creami pint container. Close the lid and transfer to a level surface in your freezer. Freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove from freezer and take off lid. Transfer pint container to the outer bowl of the Ninja Creami and affix the outer bowl lid into place.
- Secure the outer bowl into the Ninja Creami machine. Press the Sorbet button and allow the cycle to run. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Remove outer bowl from the Ninja Creami and check texture. If it appears crumbly, add a tablespoon of milk and return the outer bowl to the machine for a Re-spin cycle. Repeat as needed until desired texture is achieved.
I recommend using a good-quality lemonade, as it will impact the taste significantly. You can make your own or buy some from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. I used pink lemonade, but yellow lemonade is fine, too.
I used fresh blueberries, but you can use frozen as well.
Adapted from The Tasty Travelers
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Printable Ninja Creami Recipes
If you’d like some fantastic Ninja Creami recipes in printable form, check out Tried and True: 35 Favorite Ninja Creami Recipes!
It contains plenty of delicious options, all in an easy-to-use digital download.
Check it out here, or click the image below!
Be sure to save this to your Ninja Creami board on Pinterest!