Learn how to make apple pie ice cream in the Ninja Creami–the easy way!
You’ll love enjoying Ninja Creami apple pie ice cream this fall!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
If you’ve ever had homemade ice cream before, you know what a treat it is!
I’ve been making my own ice cream for many years, both using no churn ice cream recipes and also using my ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer.
But recently, I purchased a Ninja Creami ice cream machine, and I’ve been having so much fun making ice creams, sorbets, and more in this handy appliance.
Because it’s fall, I’ve been making some seasonal varieties, such as Ninja Creami pumpkin ice cream and now this Ninja Creami apple pie ice cream!
It’s similar to a vanilla ice cream, but with plenty of warm spices and apples added in, which is perfect for this time of year.
Add it as an easy dessert for Thanksgiving, or as a tasty topping for your holiday pies!
More Ninja Creami Recipes You’ll Love:
- Healthy Ninja Creami Recipes
- Easy Ninja Creami Nutella Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Pistachio Ice Cream
- Easiest Ninja Creami Cherry Pie Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Easy Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Ninja Creami Eggnog Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Ice Cream Made with Chocolate Milk
Apple Pie Ice Cream in the Ninja Creami
The Ninja Creami ice cream maker is a little bit different than most ice cream machines.
If you’re not familiar with this appliance, you essentially create an ice cream base, which you freeze solid in a special Ninja Creami pint for about 24 hours.
Once it’s frozen, you insert it into your machine, which acts similarly to blenders or food processors.
The machine uses a spinning “blade” (though it’s not even sharp!) to sort of “shave” the frozen concoction into a deliciously creamy treat. Ninja’s Creamify technology is pretty impressive!
The great thing about this machine is that you can make small batches (which makes it easy to create lots of different flavors), and you can easily customize ingredients based on dietary needs or preferences.
For instance, for this recipe, I didn’t want to bother with tempering egg yolks like many traditional ice cream recipes require. So I didn’t, and the result is still a rich and creamy frozen treat!
Serve this ice cream by itself or over a warm slice of country apple cake or an apple blondie!
You can also skip the cream and milk and just make Ninja Creami apple cinnamon sorbet using pie filling!
How to Make Ninja Creami Apple Pie Ice Cream
It’s super easy to make this apple cinnamon ice cream with just a few basic ingredients!
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- Heavy cream
- Whole milk
- Apple pie filling
- Optional: Graham crackers
How to Make it:
(Printable recipe card is located below)
Mix sugar and spice. To start off, you’ll heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 10 seconds to soften it up.
Combine it with brown sugar and apple pie spice in a mixing bowl, using a spatula to mix everything into a thick paste.
Combine apple pie filling and dairy. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine heavy cream, whole milk, and apple pie filling.
If you have an immersion blender, pulse the mixture a few times to chop the apples up into smaller pieces. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also just chop the apples a bit by hand before mixing.
Combine. Gradually add the liquid mixture to the sugar mixture, starting with just a couple of tablespoons at a time.
You’ll want to whisk this together well before continuing to add liquid. Whisk until everything is combined well.
Freeze. Transfer the mixture to a Ninja Creami pint and close the lid. Place it on a level surface in your freezer and freeze for 24 hours.
Spin. Once 24 hours has passed, remove the pint from the freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint into the outer bowl of the Ninja Creami and secure the outer bowl lid.
Lock the outer bowl into place in the machine and press the ice cream button to get things started. It will take about 2 minutes for the ice cream function to finish.
Re-Spin if needed. When you remove the outer bowl from the machine, check the texture of your ice cream.
If it looks crumbly after the first time of spinning, you can run it through the Re-spin cycle. If necessary, add a tablespoon of milk before re-spinning.
Add mix-ins if desired. Because this is apple pie ice cream, I wanted a little something crunchy, similar to the crust of the pie.
I opted for chopped graham crackers, but you could also use golden Oreos, vanilla wafers, etc.
You can use the Mix-in function to incorporate these pieces into the ice cream if you’d like, or you can just sprinkle on top when you’re serving.
If you want to mix in, create a well in the center of your pint that’s about a half inch wide and extends to the bottom of the pint.
Add the mix-ins to that well and place bowl assembly into the machine, then select the Mix-in button on your Ninja Creami machine.
Notes and Adaptations:
- If your ice cream is crumbly after the first round of churning, you can put it through a Re-Spin cycle. If that doesn’t result in a nice, creamy texture, I like to add a tablespoon of milk and Re-Spin again, which usually does the trick.
- Want to make this as a dairy-free ice cream? You can try using unsweetened canned coconut cream (not regular coconut milk) instead of heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk or oat milk instead of regular milk.
- I find that the best way to enjoy leftovers is to let the container sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before serving. If you’re in a hurry, you can put it through the re-spin cycle in your Ninja Creami (just be sure to smooth the top out before freezing).
- Don’t have apple pie spice? You can use ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice instead.
- If you just want apple ice cream with some warm spices, you can skip the graham cracker mix-ins.
- Enjoy this ice cream on its own or as part of an apple pie a la mode!
- I only used half of a can of apple pie filling. You can double the recipe to make two pints if you want to use it all up, or save the rest to warm up and use as a garnish.
Ninja Creami Apple Pie Ice Cream
Ninja Creami apple pie ice cream is a fantastic dessert for the fall season!
- 1 TBSP (1/2 ounce) cream cheese
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup canned apple pie filling
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup chopped graham crackers
- Place cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
- Add brown sugar and apple pie spice to the cream cheese. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to combine into a thick paste.
- In a separate bowl or large liquid measuring cup, combine heavy cream, milk, and apple pie filling. Use an immersion blender to pulse a few times, to chop the apples into small pieces (alternatively, you can chop apples by hand prior to mixing into the cream and milk).
- Gradually add the liquid mixture to the sugar mixture, starting with just a couple of tablespoons at first. Whisk together until combined, then continue adding liquid until well-incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a Ninja Creami pint and close the lid. Place on a level surface in your freezer and freeze for 24 hours.
- After freezing for 24 hours, remove pint from freezer and take off lid. Place pint in outer bowl of Ninja Creami and secure outer bowl lid.
- Transfer outer bowl apparatus to the Ninja Creami machine. Press the ice cream button and allow the cycle to run. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Once cycle is complete, remove bowl from machine. Check texture of ice cream and complete Re-spin cycle if needed (see notes below).
- If desired, add mix-ins by creating a well in the ice cream about 1/2-inch wide, extending to the bottom of the container. Add 1/4 cup chopped graham crackers to the well and run the pint through the Mix-in cycle. Alternatively, you can top each serving of ice cream with chopped graham crackers.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Be sure to save this to your Ninja Creami board on Pinterest!