This apple sorbet is made in the Ninja Creami using just one simple ingredient!
Did you know you can make Ninja Creami apple cinnamon sorbet using pie filling? It’s super easy and SO delicious!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Although frozen treats are nice to enjoy during the summer months, they’re also fantastic desserts when you’re transitioning to fall.
Nothing celebrates that transition better than apple season and all of the yummy goodies that go along with it.
So why not use the Ninja Creami machine to make some tasty fall treats?
I live in the south, where it’s still warm during the fall, which makes this Ninja Creami apple cinnamon sorbet the perfect treat to enjoy.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s a ridiculously easy Ninja Creami recipe to make, which gives it bonus points in my book!
More Delicious Ninja Creami Recipes:
- Healthy Ninja Creami Recipes
- Ninja Creami Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Nutella Ice Cream
- Easy Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
- Ninja Creami Pistachio Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Eggnog Ice Cream
- Simple Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Ice Cream Made with Chocolate Milk
Easy Ninja Creami Apple Sorbet
The Ninja Creami ice cream maker is a little bit different than most ice cream machines.
If you’re not familiar with this appliance, you essentially create an ice cream base, which you freeze solid in a special Ninja Creami pint for about 24 hours.
Once it’s frozen, you insert it into your machine, which acts similarly to blenders or food processors.
The machine uses a spinning “blade” similar to that of a food processor (though it’s not even sharp!) to sort of “shave” the frozen concoction into a deliciously creamy treat.
Ninja’s Creamify technology is pretty impressive!
The great thing about this machine is that you can make small batches (which makes it easy to create lots of different flavors), and you can easily customize ingredients based on dietary needs or preferences.
The trick to making this apple cinnamon sorbet in the Ninja Creami is to use a can of apple pie filling!
That’s right–just one ingredient transforms into a cool and creamy sorbet that’s full of sweet apple flavor and cinnamon sugar goodness.
I use the same technique with my Ninja Creami cherry pie sorbet!
Using apple pie filling also makes this a relatively healthy sweet treat, clocking in at around 175 calories for a half cup serving.
Now, if you want a more indulgent treat, such as homemade ice cream, I do have a recipe for Ninja Creami apple pie ice cream, which uses heavy cream and whole milk alongside the pie filling.
It’s a rich and creamy dessert, but you can still enjoy the flavor of apple pie without those additions if you’re counting calories.
The apple pie filling takes on a super creamy texture in the Ninja Creami ice cream maker, which was a pleasant surprise!
Eat it on its own or use it instead of vanilla ice cream over your holiday desserts!
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Sorbet in the Ninja Creami
It’s easier than you think to make this simple frozen treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Canned apple pie filling
How to Make It:
Freeze. To start, you’ll add apple pie filling to your Ninja Creami pint container, being careful to not exceed the max fill line.
Use a spoon to smooth the top down as much as possible, then secure the pint lid.
Transfer to a level surface in your freezer and freeze for at least 24 hours.
Process. After 24 hours, remove from freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint in the outer bowl and secure the outer bowl lid. Place bowl assembly in the ice cream machine and lock into place.
Press the button for the Sorbet function and let the cycle run, which will take about 2 minutes.
Once the cycle is complete, remove the bowl apparatus and take the pint out of the outer bowl.
Scoop, serve and enjoy!
Notes and Adaptations:
- I have not tried this with “no sugar added” pie filling, but I suspect it would work just fine.
- If your mixture is crumbly after the first time of spinning, you can put it through the re-spin cycle to get it extra creamy.
Easy Ninja Creami Apple Cinnamon Sorbet
Enjoy the flavors of fall with this delicious Ninja Creami apple cinnamon sorbet!
- 21-oz can apple pie filling
- Scoop apple pie filling into the Ninja Creami pint, being careful to not exceed the max fill line. Use a spoon to smooth the top down as much as possible.
- Close lid and transfer pint to a level surface in your freezer. Freeze for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove pint from freezer and take off lid. Place pint in outer bowl and secure outer bowl lid. Lock bowl apparatus into the Ninja Creami machine.
- Press the Sorbet button and let the cycle run--this should take about 2 minutes.
- When cycle is complete, remove bowl apparatus from Ninja Creami machine. Scoop and serve.
- I used Comstock apple pie filling, but any brand should work.
- I have not tested this with "no sugar added" pie filling, but I suspect it would work fine.
- If your mixture is crumbly after the first spin cycle, you can place it in the machine and use the re-spin function.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.
Be sure to save this to your Ninja Creami board on Pinterest!