Marbled Brownie Cookies combine the best of both worlds into an easy and decadent dessert bar.
You’ll love this easy marbled cookie brownie recipe–it’s even better than Domino’s!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
This easy marbled cookie brownie recipe is a decadent dessert bar with two layers of chocolate goodness. It’s basically the epitome of a chocolatey treat!
The bottom layer consists of rich and chewy fudgy brownies, while the top layer is made up of delicious chocolate chip cookies that bake right into the brownies, making a marbled treat that’s to-die-for.
Let’s be honest–what’s not to love about a chocolate chip cookie brownie bar?!
This dessert bar will leave your guests feeling satisfied and content! There will be no sweet tooth left unsatisfied when these are around!
Why Dessert Bars are Great for a Crowd
A dessert bar is a great idea for any party because it’s easy to make and provides lots of options.
There are countless variations you can try, and they can be made ahead of time.
They also don’t require a lot of preparation or cleanup. Perfect for the busy holiday season!
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
What is a Brookie Bar?
These marbled cookie brownie bars are also known as “brookies.” A brookie bar is a chocolate chip cookie brownie that’s been cut into squares or rectangles.
This dessert gets its name by combining “brownie” and “cookie,” resulting in “brookie!” I’ve also heard it called a “crownie.”
Domino’s Pizza sells a dessert similar to this that’s well-loved, but I have to say, the homemade version takes the cake!
Brookies are perfect for when you want the best of both worlds and can’t decide between cookies and brownies! The good news is, you don’t have to!
How to Make Marbled Cookie Brownie Bars
It’s really easy to make these decadent bars!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Brownie mix plus eggs, water, and oil per box instructions (I use the Ghirardelli brownie mix
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make It:
Make the brownie layer. First you’ll prepare the brownie layer by mixing the brownie batter i n a mixing bowl, following the instructions on the box. Pour into a prepared pan.
Mix the cookie dough. Next, you’ll cream the butter and sugars together, adding the egg and vanilla extract and mixing until incorporated. Add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until a soft dough forms.
Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the chocolate chip cookie dough over the brownie batter and cover the pan with foil.
Bake. Last, you’ll pop the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes uncovered.
I know it’s hard to wait, but let these chocolate chip cookie brownies cool completely before slicing. They’ll be so much easier to cut when cool.
Notes and Adaptations:
- Store in an airtight container so they don’t dry out and become crumbly.
- These marbled cookie brownie bars freeze well! Simply cool completely, cut into squares, and place into a freezer-safe airtight container. If you’re stacking layers, I recommend adding parchment or wax paper in between layers so they don’t stick together.
- For the Brownie Layer:
- 20-oz brownie mix plus eggs, water, and oil per box instructions (I use the Ghirardelli brownie mix)
- For the Cookie Layer:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x13" pan.
- Prepare the brownie batter by following the instructions on the box, mixing eggs, oil, and water per the box directions.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Prepare the cookie dough by adding butter and white and brown sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix just to incorporate.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the brownie batter.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 33mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 3g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.