If you need an easy St. Patrick’s Day dessert or snack, this s’mores dip made with Lucky Charms is sure to be a hit!
Learn how to make Lucky Charms s’mores dip with marshmallows for an easy St. Patty’s Day treat for kids!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Lucky Charms is a well-loved cereal of children, primarily because of its sugary sweet and colorful marshmallows.
I’m old enough to remember when General Mills would occasionally introduce new marshmallow shapes, increasing the variety of the leprechaun’s lucky charms found in the box.
But did you know you can now buy bags of Lucky Charms marshmallows?
These fun, colorful marshmallows are a bit softer and fluffier than their cereal counterparts (they’re actual marshmallows), but with the same shapes and colors we all know and love.
Stars, moons, clovers, and hearts are all there!
What better way to use these cute little marshmallows than to make a melty, ooey gooey, chocolatey Lucky Charms s’mores dip?!
It’s the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Leprechaun Smores Dip
When I say this Lucky Charms dip is easy, I mean it. All you need is a couple of ingredients, plus whatever you want to use as dippers for the finished product.
This makes an adorable appetizer, a fun sweet snack, or an easy dessert platter for a St. Patty’s Day party.
Some options for dipping include graham crackers, sliced apples, pretzel sticks, strawberries, shortbread cookies, and more!
It’s the perfectly easy way to make a festive St. Patrick’s Day dip that everyone will love.
More St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Ideas:
How to Make Lucky Charms S’mores Dip
It’s really easy to whip up a batch of this tasty dip!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Milk chocolate chips
- Foods for dipping
How to Make It:
Add chocolate. First, you’ll add the chocolate chips to the bottom of a glass pie plate or other shallow baking dish.
Top with marshmallows. Next, you’ll add the Lucky Charms marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
Keep adding more marshmallows, placing them close enough together so that when they’re heated, they’ll puff up and expand, creating a nice layer of marshmallows.
You may not need the whole bag of marshmallows.
Bake. Last, you’ll pop the dish into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are puffy and the chocolate has melted.
At this point, the chocolate chips may still retain their shape, but they’ll be glossy and melted enough inside to scoop easily.
Serve. Grab your favorite dippers and dig in! Any kind of graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, or fruit is fair game, if you ask me.
Just look at that chocolatey goodness!
Notes and Adaptations:
- If you can’t find them in your local grocery store, you can find Lucky Charms marshmallows here on Amazon. You could also use any other colorful marshmallows you can find.
- If you need to reheat or to soften the Lucky Charms marshmallows after initially baking, you can place the pie plate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Keep a close eye on it, because the marshmallows will expand when heated in the microwave.
- Glass pie plate or other shallow baking dish
- 3 to 4 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 7-oz package of Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add chocolate chips to a pie plate or other shallow baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Top with Lucky Charms marshmallows, placing them close enough together so that when they puff up, they'll form an even layer of marshmallows.
- Transfer baking dish to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until marshmallows are puffy and chocolate has melted (the chips may still retain their shape, but will be glossy and soft).
- Serve with dippers, such as graham crackers, fruit, pretzels, etc.
- Depending on the size of your baking dish and how much chocolate you prefer, you can go with as little as 3 cups or as much as 4 cups of chocolate chips.
- If you can't find them in your local grocery store, you can find Lucy Charms marshmallows here on Amazon.
- If you need to reheat or to soften the Lucky Charms marshmallows after initially baking, you can place the pie plate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Keep a close eye on it, because the marshmallows will expand when heated in the microwav
Amount Per Serving Calories 1089Total Fat 60gSaturated Fat 37gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 46mgSodium 178mgCarbohydrates 122gFiber 7gSugar 105gProtein 16g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and is not guaranteed for accuracy.