Cranberry pie is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, combined with crunchy streusel topping!
Cranberry pie is a festive and beautiful way to use seasonal cranberries in a delicious dessert. Learn how to make cranberry pie for the holidays!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Cranberry sauce is one of my favorite holiday dishes. Not the jellied stuff that bears no resemblance to the actual fruit.
I want the real, whole-berry homemade cranberry sauce goodness, simmered with a cinnamon stick and pinch of cloves until the beautiful berries burst into holiday goodness that is the perfect blend of sweet and tart.
While cranberry sauce with whipped cream is a fabulous enough dessert on its own, you can take it a step further for a show-stopping holiday dessert that will wow your friends and family.
A tender, flaky crust filled with a sweet cranberry sauce-type filling, topped with crunchy streusel…say no more!
It’s closely related to a cherry pie, but a little more tart. The streusel helps to add a bit of sweetness to balance the tartness, plus gives some textural contrast.
I used my go-to recipe for pie crust from The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook. I purchased her cookbook many years ago and have used it countless times since then. It’s one of my favorites and would make a great gift for yourself or someone else who loves easy but delicious meals!
You should definitely add this cranberry streusel pie to your menu plan for the holidays. It will be a tasty and lovely addition to your holiday table! Enjoy!
More Christmas Recipes You’ll Love:
- Eggnog Bundt Cake
- Eggnog French Toast
- Holiday Gingerbread Loaf
- Eggnog Custard Pie
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- Turtle Pecan Pie
How to Make Cranberry Pie with STreusel
Cranberry pie is a perfect combination of sweet and tart–and it’s a fabulous Christmas dessert!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- pie crust
- fresh cranberries
- rolled oats
- all-purpose flour
- brown sugar
How to Make It:
Prepare pie crust. Place pie crust in pie pan. Flute the edges and prick the bottom and sides with a fork. Bake.
Combine filling ingredients. Combine cranberries, sugar, salt, and cornstarch in saucepan. Heat until berries burst and mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.
Toast pecans. Toast pecans in a skillet over medium-low heat.
Make streusel mixture. Use food processor to grind rolled oats until they are the consistency of flour. Combine with remaining streusel ingredients.
Bake pie. Add pie filling to baked pie crust. Top with streusel mixture and bake pie. Serve and enjoy!
- For the Crust:
- 1 pie crust
- For the Filling:
- 4 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- For the Streusel Topping:
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
- Prepare pie crust by rolling out and placing into a 9-inch pie pan, fluting the edge. Use a fork to prick the bottom and sides of the crust. Line with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans or rice.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine cranberries, sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until berries begin to burst and mixture begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add pecans to a small skillet and toast over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse rolled oats until they are the consistency of flour. Combine the ground oats in a bowl with the flour, sugars, cinnamon and salt.
- Pulse the toasted pecans in the food processor and add to the oat mixture.
- Add melted butter to oat mixture and combine with a fork or pastry blender until butter is fully incorporated.
- Blind bake the pie crust in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and pie weights. Reduce oven temperature to 375.
- Add filling to pie crust and top with streusel mixture. Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and streusel is golden-brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 21g